To a get a price quotation for an order you need the following details:
To find out how many meters you need for curtain / drapery you have to multiply:
1. for curtains - Gallery x 2 or 2.5 if you want to be rich;
2. for curtains- Gallery x 1.8 or 2 if you want to be rich and to increase efficiency in creating darkness and to better protect against the sun.
Ex: If you have a gallery that has 3m you will need a voile that has 3mX2 = 6ml fabric and a curtain that has 3mX1.5 = 4.5ml fabric.
Depending on the fastening system you choose, you will need to consider the following:
If the size from the ceiling to the floor is 2.60m you must subtract 3 cm and you have the final size of 2.57m - this will be the height of the voile and curtain ( those 3 cm are used for the ring headings and because the voile / curtain will stand 1 cm above the flooring).
In this case you have an already installed pole you have to know its length and height from the foot below the gallery to the floor. Ex: if the height of the voile is 2.50m then you must decrease 3 cm if it's a a tape curtain/voile and 4 cm if it's a rings curtain/voile and then the final size of curtains / voiles will be 2.47/2.46.
To determine the points where the gallery will be installed, proceed as follows:
- measure the height from the ceiling to the floor: 2.60m for example
- measures 10-15 cm down from the ceiling and in that point install the gallery: 2.60m-0.10m = 2.5m and from this subtract 3-4 cm. That dimenssion willbe final size of the curtain/voile: 2.5m-3cm = 2.47m
Some customers want the curtains to fall on the floor, but not less than 30 cm. If it would be less it would seem a mistake and not a special design.
Also, when you measure the window, you should add to the outer left - right sides about 15-30 cm.
Example: If the window is 2 m the size of the pole will be 2.00 m+ 20 cm to left + 20 cm to right = 2.40m. In order to calculate the size of the fabric that you need, you will take into account the size of the gallery.
The material is put right but each time you must consider each time the reserve needed for the side hems
Usually in order to not have problems with the seam and for the edge of the curtain to fall in a nice way it is recommended to have a fringe wider than 5cm (on the side).
It is used for voiles and it's that special model that has also a certical tape and at the moment when the material curls you can obtain beautiful fabric waves.
For the austrian blind the size of the pole is multiplied by 1.8 in order to find out the fabric quantity you need. In order for the system to fold it is necessary to insert a lace all around the edges of all sides of the fabric.
The voiles have a metallic yarn that curtains have only if there are really thin. That is why for the austrian blinds you must make a wider hem at the bottom side.
Both coiles and curtains have a width of 2.80 m that will be used as height.
For heights larger than 3 m, if the model allows it, you will use the lenght of the veil.
· If the voile is uni then the curtains cand have a reversed model;
· If you have a small and dark place it is recommended to use fabrics in light and joyful colors that will create the impression of space by offering an increased brightness;
· If the height of the room is small you should use striped model fabrics;
· When you choose the colors you must consider the color of the walls, furniture, floor or any other accessories in the room;
· You must always try to create a contrast between the walls and the curtains but also between the voile and the curtain;
· With narrow tape for voiles and wide for curtains- these two types fit all fastening systems (tracks, wood or metallic poles)
· With metallic rings (recommended for curtains)
· With visible straps
· With hidden straps
· With channels
· With ribbons